Land south and west of Imberhorne Upper School, East Grinstead
Welbeck Land is promoting land to the south and west of Imberhorne Upper School, East Grinstead, for the development of a range of community facilities and new homes, including:
- 550 new homes, including 30% affordable housing
- A 2.5 ha Care Village, providing housing for older people
- Circa 4 ha of land for the expansion of Imberhorne Upper School
- 2.2 ha for a 2-form-entry primary school & early years provision
- Public open space throughout, linked by ‘green corridors’
- 42 ha of Strategic SANG (Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace) for public use
- 2.3 km of walking and cycling routes across the SANG
We have updated our proposals in response to the proposed allocation of the site for a range of community facilities and up to 550 homes in Mid Sussex District Council’s Site Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD), first published by the council in October 2019 and updated in March 2020. Our intention is to provide infrastructure and facilities beyond what would normally be delivered on a site of this size.
Design work is ongoing, and no planning application for the site has yet been submitted.